We take your privacy very seriously so please read the following information carefully.
This website, www.covidphysicaltherapy.org, is owned and operated by Fizio PT, LLC. ("Fizio PT", "We"), a New Jersey-based Limited Liability Corporation founded in 2017. We offer this website free of charge and as a public service.
In the course of operating this website, Fizio PT collects and processes personal information. What information we collect and how we handle that information is outlined below.
First and foremost: We do not and will not sell your information.
The Information We Collect
We use the personal information you provide us, including your name, email address to send occasional informational emails, or to respond to an inquiry you might initiate.
We may also automatically collect other, non-personally identifiable, information each time you visit this website, including, without limitation:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version and device type and version.
- Usage data and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clicks to, through and from this website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, and length of visits to certain pages.
- General location information to identify from where our audience views the website.
- Some of the information described above can be collected by us only if you enable them on your hardware or software. For example, it is your option (and under your control) to accept or delete cookies, to enable location information, and to control the information that your browser transmits.
Our purpose for processing your non-personal and personal data is to operate this website, enhance or refine features, update information as new information becomes available and respond to feedback or questions.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect Personal Data from you when you:
- Fill out a contact form,
- Email us directly,
- Contact us in another way.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- Website Visitor: If you provide us your personal information, e.g., through a form or direct email, we may use that information to communicate with you in response to your inquiry. We will also use non-personal data, such as website analytics, to assess use so that we can refine our services.
- Expert: If you provide us information as an Expert (physical therapy, medical or other healthcare or mental health professional) we may use that information to communicate with you in response to your inquiry or submission. We may also repurpose your submission for use on this website. Your providing us that information is your informed consent to repurpose it.
- All Users: If you provide us polling submissions or other direct feedback, we may use that information for use on this website and potentially for research studies or other research or healthcare-oriented work. That type of feedback will be anonymized and no personally identifiable information will be used.
We may also share information with our data processors and partners only as required to perform relevant functions, for example, SendGrid (the email transmission service for our form system); Google Gmail (our business email provider) Google Cloud Platform (our secure cloud hosting service), all of which are required to enable the website’s smooth operation.
We may also share information with lawful third parties or authorities for the purpose of preventing fraud and spam activity or if personal information is requested as part of a lawful investigation.
We do not sell information for advertising or promotional purposes.
Retaining Your Personal Data
We will retain your data for as long as we are obliged, under relevant legislation and regulation, or where no such rules apply, for no longer than it is necessary for our lawful purposes, and until you notify us to delete your data.
Your Individual Privacy Rights
You have the right to object to how we process your personal data. You also have the right to see what personal data we hold and process. You can ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal data or ask for some of your personal data to be provided to someone else. These rights are explained in more detail below.
Requests to exercise your rights to your personal data can be made via email at email@example.com.
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In 2016 the European Union (EU) created new regulations to protect the data and privacy of all individuals within the EU. These regulations aim to give EU citizens and residents control over their personal data, including when it is exported outside the EU. This collection of rules and protocols is called the General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR, and is effective as of May 25, 2018.
If you are an EU Citizen, you have these rights:
- To be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your data and your rights. We fulfill this right by giving you this notice.
- Access to your personal data: You can request access to a copy of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw and opt-out: You may unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking here
- Right to object: You may object to our processing of your personal data by us.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you.
- Erasure: This is also known as “the right to be forgotten” and this means that you can ask us to delete your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent (where applicable), or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it or otherwise using it. There are limited exceptions, for example where we need to use the information to bring or defend a legal claim.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred. This is limited to personal data you have provided with your consent or in relation to the products you have with us, and which we process by automated means, such as your account transaction data.
- You can ask us to restrict the personal data we use about you where: it is inaccurate; you have asked for it to be erased; you have objected to our use of it; or where you need this for the bringing or defending of legal claims.
- When you have asked us to restrict the use of your personal data we may still store your information but will not use it further without your consent, unless we need to process it: to bring or defend legal claims; to protect the rights and freedoms of other individuals; or for other important public interest reasons.
Please note that though not all privacy laws are as strict as the EU GDPR, we will generally extend these concepts of privacy and transparency to all users since we feel your privacy is very important.
Requests to exercise your rights under the GDPR can be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use your data to tell you about relevant services that you have either expressed direct interest in or that we think you may find interesting. We can only use your personal data to send you marketing messages if you have given your consent or it is for a legitimate interest (when we have a reason to use your information).
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time.
If you have previously enquired about our product, we will usually contact you to let you know about similar products and promotional offers. You will be given the option to let us know that you do not want your data used for marketing purposes. If you select this option, we will not send you any marketing material.
You can change your mind and update your choices at any time by using the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” option in any marketing communication you receive from us or by contacting us and requesting to be removed from our lists via email: email@example.com.
Transmission of Information via The Internet
Although we use encryption (https) on our website, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website; any transmission is AT YOUR OWN RISK. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
The cookies we use on do not contain any information that personally identifies you and we do not manually or programmatically link cookie identifiers with the personal information stored in our system. The cookies we set are used to track if a user is logged in or not and also for anonymous web traffic analysis using Google Analytics.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
We currently set the following cookies:
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics – the web analytics service provided by Google Inc. The Google Analytics cookies track activity on this website but do not collect personal information about you. Rather, usage information is stored in aggregate and we use it to see trends and patterns, so we can optimize your user experience.
You may disable scripts run by Google Analytics to the extent that your browser and associated programs provide such functionality. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit this website: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Google’s privacy and compliance policies are available at https://privacy.google.com
Session ID: This is a temporary session cookie used to track whether traffic is logged in or out of this website. Session ID cookies do not collect personal information about you and are deleted when you close your browser.
Modifications of These Policies
Fizio PT, LLC
258 Newark Street, Suite 204
Hoboken, NJ 07030
These policies are subject to change without notice. The last revision of this notice was 05/26/2020.